To the Supervisor:
This page has been developed to provide training in Counseling Supervision and inform you about expectations and requirements for UNT Dallas Supervisory Internship Experiences.
All Masters counseling students enrolled in Practicum or Internship must be supervised by an appropriately credentialed site supervisor. According to the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) 2009 Standards, site supervisors for students engaged in counseling clinical preparatory experiences must meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a minimum of a master's degree in counseling or a related profession with equivalent qualifications
- Hold appropriate professional licenses and/or certifications
- Have a minimum of two years of professional experience in the program area in which the student is enrolled
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Counselor Education program's expectations, requirements and evaluation procedures for clinical experiences
- Have appropriate training in counseling supervision
This page provides training materials and information relevant to counseling supervision, specifically for UNT Dallas Students.
We appreciate your willingness to participate in this supervisory experience with our students.
Contact information for UNT Dallas Internship
Dr. Yu-Fen Lin (Internship Coordinator, CMHC Lead)
Dr. Trigg Even (School Counseling Lead)