School of Human Services Minors and Certificates
- Human Services Management and Leadership Minor
- Nonprofit Management Minor
- Substance Addictions Minor
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Applied Gerontology Certificate
- Nonprofit Management Certificate
- Peer Support Specialist Certificate
- Substance Abuse & Addiction Certificate
- Substance Abuse Certificate for Professionals
Minors and Certificates Explained
All listed undergraduate minors require a minimum of 18 credit hours, with a minimum of 6 of those credit hours being advanced level (3000/4000) courses. Additional requirements are listed with the specific minor. Students may need to satisfy course prerequisites which require additional courses not listed in the specific minor requirements.
Minors must be earned in conjunction with a bachelor’s degree and an undergraduate major. A student is unable to earn a major and a minor in the same academic discipline.
Undergraduate academic certificates require a minimum of 12 credit hours, all earned at UNT Dallas, with all courses being at the advanced (3000/4000) level. Additional requirements are listed with the specific academic certificate. Students may need to satisfy course prerequisites which require additional courses not listed in the specific certificate requirements.
Academic certificates must be earned in conjunction with a bachelor’s degree and an undergraduate major (with the exception of Dealership Management in the School of Business). A student is unable to earn an academic certificate and a major/minor in the same academic discipline.